Small changes make a difference … Here for this estate agency plus there is a use to be made of print media. Posters give shop visitors a ready source of information. Brochures and leaflets add to the process via ‘the souvenir principle’ – giving customers and clients a ready reference and information point, something they can pick up at any suitable or convenient time and remind themselves of how to get in touch and what is on offer.
Given the upcoming website as an online resource and contact point, this will also provide another opportunity for information gathering and the acquisition of contact details. Thus, e-books, e-zines will be a useful addition to the business armoury.
Finding the right balance of traditional and current means, media and channels will be important.
- have a website with current contact details, an about page – the introduction to you and your business, a basic explanation of what you do, what you sell, produce or provide
- create sensible social media channels relevant to your business, these will provide ongoing updates for clients/customers, allow a friendly means of contact for customer relations management and generally help with your marketing and branding providing ongoing mentions of you and what you do
- back all of this up with traditional means, eg., print, the very basics being a business card – see the souvenir principle blog article, catalogues, brochures, leaflets, whichever suits your business best
- add other media – this could include video, short promos or preentations of your business can be embedded on your website, giving further SEO opportunities as well as promotional options, also upload to youtube, vimeo, metacafe and other channels
- e-publishing is another option, provide digital versions of your print output, make it available via your website and other channels such as scribd